No need to leave your youthful looks behind as you age. With the skill of a board certified cosmetic surgeon, you can counteract the effects of gravity and time and restore the naturally vibrant appearances you remember from years ago or even address the early signs of aging before they take hold. Here’s all you need to know about the procedure:
What is a facelift surgery?
Facelift surgery lifts and firms facial tissues that have begun to sag to restore a more naturally youthful facial appearance.
Why have a facelift?
As people age, skin loses elasticity and facial tissues lose volume. Eventually, this results in deep wrinkles and loose skin on the neck. Even though this is a natural part of growing older, people are bothered by these signs of aging. Here are some scenarios to see if a facelift might be an option for you:
- You wear turtlenecks and scarves to hide your aging neck
- You feel self-conscious about the way your neck and face look due to skin sagging
- You feel that your face makes you look much older than you feel
- You feel that your career and personal relationships are being negatively affected by your aging appearance
Types of facelifts:
A facelift procedure is individualized to the patient by the cosmetic surgeon. There are two types of facelift procedures typically:
- Mini-Facelift: patients who are exhibiting a mild degree of sagging skin and wrinkles are often good candidates for this type. This procedure is less invasive that tightens tissues through shorter incisions.
- Standard Facelift: This type will more address moderate to advanced aging around the mid-face and neck. This procedure is more extensive, and there is more recovery time required, the results are more dramatic.
When performed by a qualified, board certified surgeon, facelift procedures are a safe and excellent way to rejuvenate your appearance.